Welcome to the Train Simulator locomotive store
For the latest updates and information about current and upcoming products, please visit the Virtual Rail Creations page on Facebook.
December 15, 2016 – The GP40-2 Multipack is now available. CSX (YN3, YN2), Chessie, Seaboard, L&N, Burlington Northern, Norfolk Southern, and maybe even a special guest – all in the same download for one low price! Save over 60% from what these would cost separately.
Items in Your Hopper
General Electric U30C Update
This is a soft update for the VRC-version of the U30C. Improvements included in this pack:
- For Xbox controller, push Right Joystick to start locomotive
- Ctrl+S screenshot function restored.
- Wiper sounds present in all modes (HUD, Physical, and V-key)
- Conrail numbering fixed (6535-39, 79-83)
- Rain slicks in the proper direction.
- Engine brake has sounds at beginning and end of motion.
- Fuel and engine run breaker sounds corrected.
- Added sounds to locomotive trucks – joint clicks and rolling rail sound.
- Lens flare added to brighten headlights.
Price: Update is free for those who own the VRC version of this locomotive. This update is not necessary for the Steam version.
General Electric U30C VRCX Leasing Add-On Pack
NOTE: THIS PACK REQUIRES THE VRC VERSION OF THE U30C PRIMARY PACK. THE PRIMARY PACK WAS SOLD BETWEEN NOVEMBER OF 2015 AND JULY OF 2016 AND HAS BEEN DISCONTINUED IN FAVOR OF STEAM SALES.
THIS WILL NOT WORK WITH THE STEAM VERSION OF THE U30C.
The U30C presented in the awesome VRCX leasing paint scheme! Looks good on any railroad or route!
- U30C VRCX VRCX Phase 3 U30C, clean.
- U30C VRCX VRCX Phase 3 U30C, dirty.
- VRCX 90-100 Ton Coal Gondola, with load/unload for regular scenarios and loaded for Quick Drive.
But wait, that’s not all! For a limited time, get a bonus free skin – The Southern Pacific U30C! This skin comes in clean and dirty, as well as a version with a crewed cab. The 90-100 ton gondola also has SP textures.
NOTE: The VRCX version must be installed first, then the SP Skin afterwards. THE SOUTHERN PACIFIC SKINS WILL OVERWRITE THE VRCX SKINS, so after installing SP, the VRCX skins will no longer be available. No instruction manual is included, as the Primary Pack manual covers how to use the AAR Master Controller.
- U30C Southern Pacific Southern Pacific U30C, clean and dirty, with and without crew.
- 90-100T Hopper Southern Pacific 90-100 Ton Coal Gondola.
Price: $10.00 USD
NOTE BEFORE YOU PURCHASE: THIS PACK REQUIRES THE VRC VERSION OF THE U30C PRIMARY PACK. THIS WILL NOT WORK WITH THE STEAM VERSION OF THE U30C.
General Electric U30C Steam Version – Conrail Skins
This soft update adds the Conrail paint skins to the Steam version of the U30C. The pack includes:
- All 10 road numbers, as changed after the units were acquired from Pennsylvania and Reading.
- Five dirty and five clean units.
- Two crewed units.
- Instructions for installation.
NOTE: Some assembly is required.
Price: Update is free for those who own the Steam version of this locomotive. This update is not necessary for the VRC version.
GP40-2 Mega Pack for Train Simulator 2016
The Electromotive Diesel GP40-2 from Virtual Rail Creations raises the bar for realistic visuals and operations in railroad simulators. From the detailed start sequence to the realistic driving physics, engineering this locomotive is more like a day on the job than recreation time.
*NOTE: Due to the inability to sell BNSF licensed products outside of the United States, this pack is available only in the U.S. To purchase VRC products outside of U.S., please visit the Trains and Drivers website at Trains and Drivers.
This download 654MB in size.
- GP40-2 Phase 1 (former Chessie System) in CSX YN3 paint scheme.
- GP40-2 Phase 2 in CSX YN3 paint scheme.
- GP40-2 Phase 1 CSX YN2 livery.
- GP40-2 Phase 1 CSX YN2 livery, non-dynamic brake (former RF&P).
- GP40-2 Phase 1 Chessie System B&O livery.
- GP40-2 Phase 1 Chessie System B&O – GM50 livery.
- GP40-2 Phase 1 Chessie System C&O livery.
- GP40-2 Phase 1, Chessie System WM livery.
- GP40-2 Phase 1, Seaboard System livery.
- GP40 Louisville and Nashville (L&N) livery.
- Electromotive Diesel GP40-2 Phase 2, CSX YN3 paint scheme.
- Electromotive Diesel Road Slug (former GP30), CSX YN3 paint scheme.
- GP40 Burlington Northern.
- GP40 Burlington Northern, weathered.
- GP40-2 Burlington Northern Hi Visibility (3 Road Numbers).
- GP40-2 Burlington Northern Hi Visibility, weathered.
- GP40-2 Phase 2 First Quality Norfolk Southern.
- GP40 (rebuilt to Dash-2) High-Nose Norfolk Southern.
- RPE-4D yard slug Norfolk Southern.
- 1 x 50 foot Airslide Hopper.
- 1 x 40 foot Hi-Cube Boxcar.
- 1 x 50 foot Double-Door boxcar.
- 1 x 52 foot Gondola with Coil, Log, and Gravel loads.
- 1 x 100 ton L&N “Dixie Lines” coal hopper.
- 1 x 50 foot double door box car, L&N Cushion.
- 3 x 100 ton coal hoppers: one each for B&O, C&O, and WM liveries.
- 1 x 50 foot double door box car, C&O.
- Complete cab view.
- CSX liveried double door box car, 100 ton coal hopper, open top gondola (w/loads), and CSXT patched L&N airslide hopper.
- Four different Scenarios played out on the Horseshoe Curve route (sold separately by DTG/RSC).
- Detailed manual that includes history and advanced operation of the locomotive.
Price: $20.00 USD
Add-On: GP40 Undecorated
Add on pack #7 – GP40-2 Undecorated Kit. Create your own repaints with this kit.
- 1101: GP40-2 Phase 2, with ditch lights and digital cab view, VRCX livery.
- 1102: GP40-2 Phase 1, no ditch lights, Chessie front pilot, analog cab view.
- 1104: GP40-2 Phase 1, no dynamic brakes.
- 1103: GP40 no ditch lights, nose headlights, analog cab view, dynamic pilots.
- 1105: GP40 Gyra lights.
- Original Photoshop templates for repainting the exterior of the locomotives.
- Instructions on how to create new skins for these locomotives.
Each locomotive also comes with a clean and a dirty version, and units number 1101, 1102, 1103, and 1105 come with dynamic snow.
Price: $7.50 USD