Welcome to the Train Simulator locomotive store
For the latest updates and information about current and upcoming products, please visit the Virtual Rail Creations page on Facebook.
November 3, 2016 – The U30C locomotive for TrainSimulator is now available on Steam. The pack includes a clean and dirty version of Chessie System U30C’s, Chessie System 90-100 ton coal gondolas (C&O, WM, B&O, MOW, Brunswick Red), and four scenarios for the Coal District route. Get them here:
Items in Your Hopper
General Electric U30C Update
This is a soft update for the VRC-version of the U30C. Improvements included in this pack:
- For Xbox controller, push Right Joystick to start locomotive
- Ctrl+S screenshot function restored.
- Wiper sounds present in all modes (HUD, Physical, and V-key)
- Conrail numbering fixed (6535-39, 79-83)
- Rain slicks in the proper direction.
- Engine brake has sounds at beginning and end of motion.
- Fuel and engine run breaker sounds corrected.
- Added sounds to locomotive trucks – joint clicks and rolling rail sound.
- Lens flare added to brighten headlights.
Price: Update is free for those who own the VRC version of this locomotive. This update is not necessary for the Steam version.
General Electric U30C VRCX Leasing Add-On Pack
NOTE: THIS PACK REQUIRES THE VRC VERSION OF THE U30C PRIMARY PACK. THE PRIMARY PACK WAS SOLD BETWEEN NOVEMBER OF 2015 AND JULY OF 2016 AND HAS BEEN DISCONTINUED IN FAVOR OF STEAM SALES.
THIS WILL NOT WORK WITH THE STEAM VERSION OF THE U30C.
The U30C presented in the awesome VRCX leasing paint scheme! Looks good on any railroad or route!
- U30C VRCX VRCX Phase 3 U30C, clean.
- U30C VRCX VRCX Phase 3 U30C, dirty.
- VRCX 90-100 Ton Coal Gondola, with load/unload for regular scenarios and loaded for Quick Drive.
But wait, that’s not all! For a limited time, get a bonus free skin – The Southern Pacific U30C! This skin comes in clean and dirty, as well as a version with a crewed cab. The 90-100 ton gondola also has SP textures.
NOTE: The VRCX version must be installed first, then the SP Skin afterwards. THE SOUTHERN PACIFIC SKINS WILL OVERWRITE THE VRCX SKINS, so after installing SP, the VRCX skins will no longer be available. No instruction manual is included, as the Primary Pack manual covers how to use the AAR Master Controller.
- U30C Southern Pacific Southern Pacific U30C, clean and dirty, with and without crew.
- 90-100T Hopper Southern Pacific 90-100 Ton Coal Gondola.
Price: $10.00 USD
NOTE BEFORE YOU PURCHASE: THIS PACK REQUIRES THE VRC VERSION OF THE U30C PRIMARY PACK. THIS WILL NOT WORK WITH THE STEAM VERSION OF THE U30C.
General Electric U30C Steam Version – Conrail Skins
This soft update adds the Conrail paint skins to the Steam version of the U30C. The pack includes:
- All 10 road numbers, as changed after the units were acquired from Pennsylvania and Reading.
- Five dirty and five clean units.
- Two crewed units.
- Instructions for installation.
NOTE: Some assembly is required.
Price: Update is free for those who own the Steam version of this locomotive. This update is not necessary for the VRC version.
GP40-2 Primary Pack for Train Simulator 2016
The Electromotive Diesel GP40-2 from Virtual Rail Creations raises the bar for realistic visuals and operations in railroad simulators. From the detailed start sequence to the realistic driving physics, engineering this locomotive is more like a day on the job than recreation time.
*This pack is required for all Add-On packs listed below.
- GP40-2 Phase 1 (former Chessie System) in CSX YN3 paint scheme.
- GP40-2 Phase 2 in CSX YN3 paint scheme.
- Complete cab view.
- CSX liveried double door box car, 100 ton coal hopper, open top gondola (w/loads), and CSXT patched L&N airslide hopper.
- Four different Scenarios played out on the Horseshoe Curve route (sold separately by DTG/RSC).
- Detailed manual that includes history and advanced operation of the locomotive.
Price: $12.50 USD
Add-On: GP40-2 YN2 Skins
This add-on pack includes two variations of the CSX “Bright Futures” paint scheme which ran from 1992 – 2001
- GP40-2 Phase 1 CSX YN2 livery.
- GP40-2 Phase 1 CSX YN2 livery, non-dynamic brake (former RF&P).
- CSX 100 ton hopper with “Hot Load”.
- Scenario for Horseshoe Curve route, “Waste Management”. HSC route sold separately by Dovetail Games.
Price: $5.00 USD
Add-On: GP40-2 Chessie System Skins
This add-on pack includes the fan favorite Chessie System paint schemes
- GP40-2 Phase 1 Chessie System B&O livery.
- GP40-2 Phase 1 Chessie System B&O – GM50 livery.
- GP40-2 Phase 1 Chessie System C&O livery.
- GP40-2 Phase 1, Chessie System WM livery.
- 3 x 100 ton coal hoppers: one each for B&O, C&O, and WM liveries.
- 1 x 50 foot double door box car, C&O.
Price: $5.00 USD
Add-On: GP40-2 Seaboard / L&N Skins
This add-on pack includes the Seaboard System and L&N paint schemes
- GP40-2 Phase 1, Seaboard System livery.
- GP40 Louisville and Nashville (L&N) livery.
- 1 x 100 ton L&N “Dixie Lines” coal hopper.
- 1 x 50 foot double door box car, L&N Cushion.
- 3 x Quick Drive Scenarios: 1 of each locomotive, and 1 coal train scenario.
Price: $5.00 USD
Add-On: CSX Mother and Slug Set
This add-on pack includes the CSX Mother and Slug unit set.
- Electromotive Diesel GP40-2 Phase 2, CSX YN3 paint scheme.
- Electromotive Diesel Road Slug (former GP30), CSX YN3 paint scheme.
- Detailed manual.
Add on pack – GP40-2 Burlington Northern
DUE TO LICENSING RESTRICTIONS, BNSF-LICENSED ITEMS ARE NOT AN AUTOMATIC DOWNLOAD. A LINK TO YOUR PRODUCT WILL BE SENT TO THE EMAIL ADDRESS YOU PROVIDED ONCE YOUR U.S. ADDRESS HAS BEEN VERIFIED.
- GP40 Burlington Northern.
- GP40 Burlington Northern, weathered.
- GP40-2 Burlington Northern Hi Visibility (3 Road Numbers).
- GP40-2 Burlington Northern Hi Visibility, weathered.
- 1 x 50 foot Airslide Hopper.
- 1 x 40 foot Hi-Cube Boxcar.
- 1 x 50 foot Double-Door boxcar.
- 1 x 52 foot Gondola with Coil, Log, and Gravel loads.
- 4 x Quick Drive Scenarios: 2 locomotive, 1 mixed commodity, and 1 bulk commodity train scenario.
- Updated Electromotive Diesel GP40 Manual.
Price: $5.00 USD
Add-On: GP40 Undecorated
Add on pack #7 – GP40-2 Undecorated Kit. Create your own repaints with this kit.
- 1101: GP40-2 Phase 2, with ditch lights and digital cab view, VRCX livery.
- 1102: GP40-2 Phase 1, no ditch lights, Chessie front pilot, analog cab view.
- 1104: GP40-2 Phase 1, no dynamic brakes.
- 1103: GP40 no ditch lights, nose headlights, analog cab view, dynamic pilots.
- 1105: GP40 Gyra lights.
- Original Photoshop templates for repainting the exterior of the locomotives.
- Instructions on how to create new skins for these locomotives.
Each locomotive also comes with a clean and a dirty version, and units number 1101, 1102, 1103, and 1105 come with dynamic snow.
Price: $7.50 USD
Need power for your railroad, but can’t afford to finance a new locomotive? We have a deal for you! Come on in and see us in our gently used sales area! Here, we have scratch-and-dent, lease turn-backs, and fixer uppers that run just like new. They may have a chip of paint missing here, a light that doesn’t work there, but they are in great condition and can pull cars like nobody’s business! Give em’ a try, you won’t be disappointed!.
Note: Locomotives are sold as is and any issues will not be fixed or upgraded.
Add-On: GP40-2 Norfolk Southern Skins
This add-on pack includes first-quality and second-hand NS units. Each unit comes in both clean and dirty versions, and has snow textures for winter engineering.
- GP40-2 Phase 2 First Quality Norfolk Southern.
- GP40 (rebuilt to Dash-2) High-Nose Norfolk Southern.
- RPE-4D yard slug Norfolk Southern.
Price: $5.00 USD
Items in Your Hopper
Virtual Rail Creations
End-User License Agreement For All Products
License ver. 11315.1500
It’s big, bold, in your face, and in plain English. You need to read it because now that you have purchased the locomotive, you are bound by it!
- Our 3D models are both operationally and visually challenging on most computer systems, meaning you will need a robust computer to run them. The software has been tested on mid-range laptops, but this is by no means an optimal play experience. We recommend at least a new generation quad-core processor, 8-16GB of memory, and a GeForce 760 or higher graphics card. Even better would be running your train simulation games from an SSD drive. As we said at first, you can try running our models on lower end systems, but if they stutter, don’t say you were not warned!
- General Licensing
- A). THIS LICENSE IS NON-REFUNDABLE. The reason we warned on our web site and at the beginning of this EULA about making sure your computer is up to snuff is that once you purchase and download the software license, it is yours whether the software performs to your expectations or not. The reason for this is simple; software can be copied, and there are enterprising individuals that may copy the software and then demand a refund. There is no way for us to know if he has deleted his refunded copy, so we are not even going to go there in the first place.
- B). You are not buying any software from this site, you are simply buying a license to use the software on your computer system, with the appropriate core simulation or game. If we actually sold you the software itself, we could be giving up ownership to you, which could be bad for us and anyone who may want future improvements and updates.
- C). This license can be invalidated (that means it ain’t no good no more and you don’t have the right to use it) if you do not follow the rules as lain out in this EULA. We are not asking you to do anything hard, just simply follow a few rules that will help us to continue improving our DLC offerings and encourage future development.
- D). This is a single-user license, meaning one software license purchased can be used on one computer that has the appropriate core simulation or game installed. We are not going to call out the S.W.A.T. team if you decide you want to install it to a second computer you own in the same house, or on a laptop you own so you can take it on the go. But installing for others (defined as anyone who is not you), whether it be family, friends, or anyone else, requires that a license be purchased for each individual who will use it. Please support us by encouraging others to purchase their own licenses. We got to pay for our licenses too!
- E). You can, and are strongly encouraged to make copies of the licensed software for your own personal backup. We are not affiliated with Steam, so we cannot recover backup copies of your licensed software if you somehow lose your game, OS, or computer.
- F). This licensed software is for your personal use only, and you may not give away, sell, or redistribute any part of it to anyone else. Redistribution in any form, whether for sale or free, physical or e-media, is considered an act of piracy, will immediately invalidate your license, and may bring legal action against you. Please see section three of this EULA for information regarding repaints and reskins.
- ) We make no warranties or guarantees, explicit or implied, that this licensed software will perform as you expect it to, that it will even perform at all, or that it will not somehow cause damage or even destroy your computer and it’s associated software. We seriously doubt anything bad is going to happen, as we have tested the software for hundreds of hours. But since all computer systems differ in composition, it is difficult to predict every performance situation. By purchasing the licensed software, you have agreed to this EULA, and Virtual Rail Creations, it’s associates, and if affiliates are held blameless if something does happen and damages occur.
- ) This license is a product specific EULA that is an extension of the general EULA that is posted at http://vrailcreations.net. That general EULA supersedes this one, and should be considered the final authority in this matter. If changes are made to that EULA, notice of the change will be posted on the same website, and this product EULA will be changed to reflect this as soon as is practically possible.
- Other Rights or Limits
- A). You may not decompile, reverse engineer, or disassemble this model and it’s associated software.
- B). You are forbidden from inserting malicious software, which includes viruses, Trojans, malware, or heretofore unknown destructive code into our software, whether for malicious or benign purpose.
- C). No part of the models that we produce and license may be used to build, rebuild, or enhance any other model. There is no other purpose for the core models or child objects than to serve this model.
Concerning repaints, or rekins, of this locomotive, the following rules apply:
– You are permitted to alter texture files to create reskins of other locomotive liveries for your own personal use.
At this time, we will not prohibit the alteration of texture files from this locomotive with the intention of distributing the Reskin to others. However, the following rules strictly apply:
– Out of deference to our licensors, we will not condone or participate in the creation of end-user distributed textures. No help here, so don’t blow up our mail boxes asking for some.
– You alone are responsible for obtaining permission to distribute railroad company trademarks. You are also responsible for obtaining permission to use fonts or artwork that others have created to recreate or simulate railroad trademarks. If you choose not to ask for permission, you are on the hook for whatever consequences arise.
– You may not change or distribute any file that is contained outside of the Roadname/Engine folder. Changing the core files outside of these folders could screw up the files that are essential to all VRC/U30C locomotives.
– You cannot, under any circumstances, distribute any shape file (GeoPcDx) that is contained anywhere in the U30C package. You must include documentation with your Reskin explaining that the End User of your skin must already have a legally obtained copy of the VRC U30C installed on their computer in order for the Reskin to work. You also need to instruct the End User on what shapes he needs to copy to make the Reskin work.
– You may not distribute the Reskin on Steam or any commercial website that may accept money for it’s hosting or distribution. It must be distributed free of charge.
– We reserve the right at any time and any reason to ask you to remove a Reskin from circulation. This may be done if we are producing the same re-skin, or if we feel the Reskin has been done in poor taste or in violation of our own licensing agreements.
– We reserve the right to use end-user distributed reskins in our own locomotive packages, as add-on packages, or sold from our own website, without permission or compensation to the creator.